“When traveling is made too easy and comfortable, its spiritual meaning is lost. This may be called sentimentalism, but a certain sense of loneliness engendered by traveling leads one to reflect upon the meaning of life, for life is after all a traveling from one unknown to another unknown.”
-Daisetsu Teitaro Suzuki
There was a dream two nights ago in which someone sent me a package of pillows.
"STOP CODON, SQUARED"
Ah, these nights alone push it all around
like rearranging furniture, we waltzed about
Half-shadowed dread, half-packed duffel bag
strewn all over this place.
It was when I pulled the curtain back
to look for copulating couples
to look for copulating couples
was, dominantly, when my room started to
deconstruct itself at the dogleg.
I looked up what to do in the manual
which directed me to D. H. Lawrence
I dog-eared it for I knew
I would be returning often.
There are so many ways to be connected to people.
My ex-melieu rejoicing up from the depths
promised misdirection at one splot
of punctuation with indication to the next.
A mingle here, a dalliance there,
and then, of course, how dare you bare?
Down somewhere at the end of my bed
I'll catch my Texas accent again.
No comments:
Post a Comment