I've been thinking lately
about how old you get before you don't want anymore stuff
because it just becomes junk that's left behind
and what would I take with me if I had to leave right now?
if I were brave, I wouldn't take anything
and what do my mom and sister think about me unmarried
when they got married so young
to such upstanding men, too
and a single woman is less to be trusted
especially in the south
and how only one of my siblings was born with the intrinsic path to art
yet he always sabotages himself into not using it
even if only for himself
and when I get scared I can't eat
I've been too scared
so scared my hands don't even sweat
and how moms always get the short end of the stick
and how I'm the only one who climbs the roof
and takes the dogs on a walk.
about how old you get before you don't want anymore stuff
because it just becomes junk that's left behind
and what would I take with me if I had to leave right now?
if I were brave, I wouldn't take anything
and what do my mom and sister think about me unmarried
when they got married so young
to such upstanding men, too
and a single woman is less to be trusted
especially in the south
and how only one of my siblings was born with the intrinsic path to art
yet he always sabotages himself into not using it
even if only for himself
and when I get scared I can't eat
I've been too scared
so scared my hands don't even sweat
and how moms always get the short end of the stick
and how I'm the only one who climbs the roof
and takes the dogs on a walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment