![]() |
| Boy and Moon Edward Hopper, undated |
"Flush"
At night the flies rest
And when the air conditioners shut off
you can listen to summer's sweaty handshake
wrap around you.
But last night I couldn't sleep--
I had to put up a defense of pillows
to guard from the banging walls
like that story with the familial dolls.
like that story with the familial dolls.
I wake up and pray for a thunderstorm
wishing it to sweep all the dust out of the house
So while I'm still pulling the sleep from my eyes
I hold my breath for overcasts.
I think about going out west against the earth's rotation
Like finding my place back in time.
Maybe there I can finally breathe
and have cookies and milk before bed.
and have cookies and milk before bed.
Yes, that's where I can jump backwards into luster:
where I could find eternal
without anxiety of becoming comfortable
And it feels like the inhale between laughs.

No comments:
Post a Comment